Listen to Me

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ode to a frog

I have a lot of pets. I have 6 parrots 4 cats 4 dogs and 2 puppies. And I have an African water frog, which i am now going to write about.

Froggit was born in a preschool in a package with other tadpoles. He was slow to develop when the other two tadpoles developed arms and legs he still just had a tail; he was so slow developing that my mother the preschool teacher was wondering how to explain to the children why he had only one arm and one leg, so froggit came home (I was still in high school at the time) he is now 12 yrs old, one year younger than my 13 yr old beagle. He did eventually develop both back legs and two front legs where he swims around happily in his tank. Froggit has done many amazing things over the years, one of which was when he finally learned to sing his foggy song which he did when i was 19 and watching the new years eve twilight zone marathon on the sci-fi channel. he was the centerpiece on our kitchen table back in Maryland. For 6 yrs where he learned to beg for food and to eat off my finger until the day Circe our black 6-toed cat showed up on our doorstep as a kitten and thought Froggit would look much better on the floor, but he survived at first we surrounded his little tank with bricks, oh but the kitten was strong and she learned to move the bricks to get to Froggit so we had to find a more secure place by the kitchen walls, and only one brick to be a barrier so he lived for years until we decided to move to Arizona. Now I gave away my goldfish but i couldn't part with Froggit he lives in a tank with no filters but we change it once a week. I know fresh filtered water at this point would kill him so unlike me my mom and the rest of my pets Froggit went on a road trip.

He was my dad's only living companion all the way across America for 5 days he even snuck into a motel so he wouldn't freeze and one of his first moves when he got to Arizona was to jump into the garbage disposal and my mother had to put her hand in and pull him out he is swimming around happily in his tank right now. He is an frican water frong so he lives in water all the time if you like this post and you want to see a picture of Froggit comment and i will send a picture up here.

Kate

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory