Listen to Me

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Kate's Poem Bad Day and the MIGRAINE

Mind exploding pressure built up behind my eyes
Burst into pain so bad I cannot see
Feelings in my guts seem to be bursting through my esophagus and coiming through my mouth
People voices ringing in my ears so loud I cannot hear
Turn off the lights and sink into the cold tile floor
evermore


Pretty bird on my lap
Waving and saying hi and tearing kleenex
Walking on the floor, biting


So many people talking
Tired of their irritating voices like too many bees buzzing
Ignorance and cruel word seem to reign here
The cruel mockery tells me to give up my hopes the spark inside me that keeps me going
and not let my light shine so bright
As a resort of self-protectionI tell myself I'm better than you, I'm smarter than you, I know more than you
But I know that kind of thinking can only lead to pain and sorrow
I just can't seem to find my way out
And they would have me blot out the light of the sun and moon and stars that reside within my soul and within all of us

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory